Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cupcakes and friends

For Valentine's Day this year, I decided to dabble into making some real cupcakes. Red velvet is J and my favorite type of cupcake so I ventured to make it from scratch. Following this recipe, I went to my local supermarket to find all the ingredients. Baking/cooking is not my thing so I did have to buy nearly everything on the ingredient list.

The recipe is fairly simple to follow and even if it doesn't taste good, it did present well! J said the cupcake was good but as the bf, he kind of has to say that. In my opinion, the cupcake did come out fairly tasty. It's not very sweet (which is good for me cause I don't like sweet things) but it did feel a little dense. Not as fluffy as I would have liked. The cream cheese frosting is yummy too and its my fave topping for red velvet!






This is my friend who served as my hand model! :D She was very nice about taking my directions and humoring me. ;D


And this is J, who in return for my cupcakes, took me to a very nice Japanese restaurant ^_^ 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my pout-y face after all your criticisms about my hand modeling >:O hahhaa jk. thank you for the cupcakes- we should resched for a baking date...

    ReplyDelete