Sunday, January 23, 2011

Amigurumi Teddy Bears

Obviously when I first learned how to make amigurumis, making a teddy bear was top on my list to make. I researched a lot of different patterns and came across this adorable little teddy bear from ImaginaryWardrobe. The blogger had taken two different patterns to create something she was looking for. I loved the effect so much that I tried it myself.

Light brown bear was my first attempt and I had to admit, as I was crocheting it, I found it odd that the arms were so much longer than the leg of the pattern called out for. So I made some minor adjustments along the way to get it in a proportion that I thought was cute for the pattern.



I also threw on a scarf for the little fella, since it was the middle of winter and he looked a tiny bit cold. The pattern called for some embroidering skills, which I admit are less than perfect.

I also crocheted a pink version of the bear, this time making it a little bit taller than the original. I also crocheted the mouth rather than cutting up a piece of felt and made the ear a little bit bigger as the original just looked too small.



The two of them together! 





Fin.





8 comments:

  1. songg! can you teach me? :) please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks guys. just to clarify is euns eunie?? and nicole, are you nicole M formerly nicole N??

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes euns is eunie! haha hi songey! i REALLY love the things you're making! keep them coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. make the pink one a little fatter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SONG! you have really taken your craft to another level. FREAKING CUTE!!! omg i want to buy them!!!

    ReplyDelete