Friday, January 21, 2011

Amigurumi Cupcakes

I recently started learning how to make amigurumi. According to wiki:


"Amigurumi (編みぐるみ?, lit. knitted stuffed toy) is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures."


Anywho, as per special request from a friend of mine, I was petitioned to make cupcakes. I searched for the perfect cupcake pattern. I wasn't sure what I was looking for, but I did know I wanted something that was realistic and had swirly frosting on top! I hate paying for anything I don't have to, but unfortunately none of the free patterns online was quite what I was looking for. In the end, I bit my tongue and bought not ONE but THREE patterns from etsy. Of the three, I finally settled down on a pattern from Stripeyblue. For just $4.99, I found myself with a pattern of these swirly yummy goodness!! 


The pattern was fairly easy to decipher and I found it to be less complicated than I thought. So enough words, here are some pictures of my final 4. While my cupcake is not as perfect as the one from stripeyblue, and I am lacking the cupcake wrapper (couldn't find the right crocheting yarn), I made up for it by adding my own flair to each cupcakes.


Vanilla cupcake with pink sprinkles











Chocolate cupcake with pink frosting (Decorative flower was made from a pattern by Attic24)







Red velvet (my favorite!!)







And for a little twist, Berry cupcake with pomegranate flavored frosting! (The tiny strawberry pattern is from a Japanese amigurumi book : Amigurumi Sweets!)









The group together :D



All packed up, ready to go to their owner. Delicious looking and fat free.





And for my final note, a good blog entry takes a lot of planning and effort. Hope I can keep this up!

1 comment: