Monday, January 31, 2011

My find for my card making supplies

So while I do not have any new projects (I do have several unfinished projects such as : cable knit scarf, tiny amigurumi dragon, vday card, amigurumi eggs, crochet cowl scarf, knitted infinity scarf) <~ oi vey
I wanted to show you these new cardstock I stumbled upon at TJ Maxx. Rarely, do I fall in love with a cardstock pack. Usually I will like a couple of designs in the packet plus it's on sale, so it makes it worth it. But I think I would have paid full price for these pack because I loved EVERY single sheeeeet.

Take a look at a couple. It's by K&C Company Designer Pack titled 'Daydreams'


How... whimsical are these patterns? I have not yet figured out what I could do with these cardstocks but I do have high hopes! Hope to display them on the blog soon.

Tip to save money: While I know that every TJ Maxx is different due to where they get their inventory, the local TJ Maxx near me has random scrapbooking supplies marked down very cheap. For example, the pack of these 12x12 36 sheet cardstock was only 4.99 compared to 19.99 at AC Moore or Michaels. I also purchased two EK punches for 3.99 each compared to 10.99 - 14.99 at AC Moore or Michaels. The trick to buying items at TJ Maxx or similar is to not buy crap. It's so easy to see the discounted prices and justify that you will use all the supplies. But I promise, there are reasons why a good chunk of these items end up at TJ Maxx. Nobody wanted them to begin with. 

Focus on items that have multiple uses. For example, butterfly and heart punches are usually safe bets that it will get used. A witches hat punch probably won't find much use. A textured colored cardstock is a basic necessity for card making so purchasing them is a great buy. Metallic sparkles.. probably not so much. But I guess you can argue personal tastes!

Anywho, I hope to have more interesting entries to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment